Featured Post

Leadership Beyond Corona

Sometime in March, I began to question if Corona will change the way Behavourial Science scripts new chapters. Chapters that may change the ...

Monday, December 31, 2012

My Window to the World.



My Window to the World.

We often call that virtual. I find that so real.

Until the Internet came alive with social media as my window to the world, the world for me was virtual indeed. It was imagination, impression, dream and often fantasy. As I would take a view from a brief encounter.

It is the social media that lends me an opportunity to Be. To Be amidst the world real time 24x7, with people across shores, countries, cultures and backgrounds. For me that is real.

As I see more, I learn better. My fantasies and impressions melt to give way for more realistic view, often make relationships more realistic.

It is such a reprieve for a world that was getting shut within its doors - limited to family and few friends.
Now, I see the other person's perspective.

As I read the posts on New Year on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter - I also see how people take the event in so many various ways, and what makes their hopes and aspirations for the new day.

Oh I was just seeing such a smaller byte of that for so many years. Weren't I?

Social Media is here to stay and live. Whether you take that now or later, this will be a part of your life, and possibly your best window to the world closer or farther from you.

Wishing a happy birthday or a happy new year on Facebook may not seem personal, but as your friend community increases and the paradigm of 'they are closer than them' shifts to 'how do I manage such a large group of friends?', Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIN would be the most simpler, realistic way to share or communicate with your own world.

I find that so much easier expressing wholesomely once, but to all, than rushing through the several phone calls as I have a long list ahead of me.

My passion for meditation, not a very common interest, found me amidst so many enthusiasts as I struck the right group. Hmm... so I can share, learn better and be a little wiser, than appearing to be the know-it-all amidst those who know that none.

That my life, my words, my feelings or my mind is before the whole world around me is such a load off my chest. I can only be grateful that help me with the emptying of my mind and heart process. Ha, ha!

As I move along, I turn a little more honest with what I say, how I feel, and over time, be closer to my real being. As I know that you can get away from a group, neighbourhood, a city or a nation; you cant get away from the world that is before you always and ever.

Real, before your own eyes and around you always is the world of social media connecting you most realistically and honestly with the world around you!

1 comment:

  1. First, we have to consider that the web is responsible for making media, society, and our lives in general work faster. Long ago, most children and teens were limited to joining community, neighborhood, and school groups. They were not that exposed to events and happenings outside their community. But with social networking and the internet in general, correspondence to virtually anyone from anywhere is possible.It has certainly improved the awareness in the world where you can share your opinions.Clearly, social media usage is booming.
    But it also has a negative effect but when used wisely it is a big blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Readers make a Writer. Your views and comments will help me write for you better. In appreciation. Happy Reading!